Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Words for Wednesday

I totally love the new song of my blog, the first one.  The words don't do that much for me... but the music and her voice make me want to stand outside and dance in the rain... or stand on the beach in long gusts of wind.  Anyway... in case you were wondering!


Abby had a seizure this morning.  It was at 4:30 a.m.  I think the time change has thrown it all off!  I was sad.  But not angry.  Then I was so happy I wasn't feeling anger.  It is so nice to have so much less of that nasty little emotion going on inside of me.  We increased the topamax 25 mg this morning and so we'll see what the next week holds.

She got an accelerated reader award at school EARLY this morning.  She was so proud and excited to be on the "tv" for school announcements!  I am so proud of her!

I made plans to get B today.  The flight we were going to come home on Friday night is almost full.  Since B will have just made the trip from Latvia, since I don't want to hang out in an airport all day and not get on the flight and spend the night in a hotel, AND since my family is just an hour away... all the kids are flying up with me Friday morning, my mom is meeting us when we land at 11:20 a.m. and we'll go with her and shop and have lunch in the Leesburg/Reston area.  Then we'll go back to the airport and get B at 4ish and then go back to Winchester.  We'll get to spend all of Saturday with my family!  Then we'll fly home Saturday night on a flight that is wide open.  With all that said, and B just two days away, I am starting to get excited.

Several of you have asked how you can help, if we need help, and what we need.  Now as we have to pay for her to come again, this in indeed more expense than we were originally intending.  As one of our fundraisers, we are selling this coffee made by a friend of ours in Canton.  His company produces it and they used it as a fundraiser to help adopt their son from Latvia (if you look closely, you can see him on the label).
It is a medium bodied coffee and is totally good!   

We are selling it for $10 a bag and all the proceeds go towards the cost of Brenda's second trip.  If you would like to purchase some, comment or leave me an email!

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support.  Your friendship means so much to me.  Each comment lifts my spirit and make me smile... and feel loved.  And a shout out to the PRECIOUS "GOLDEN CREW" at our loving church who sent Abby the cutest card with puppies on it.  She loves it and made us all pick out which puppy we are! 

I'm off to make tomato soup and mozzerella and cilantro grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.  I'll blog the girl's room tomorrow...sorry I ran out of time today!

3 comments:

  1. Would love some coffee. Just bring it to church! I am sure there are plenty of others that would like some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family picture of you ... I love Abby's arm around her brother. So sweet! I'm continuing to pray for Abby and I'm excited that you'll be seeing Brenda soon. Plus, the added bonus of getting to spend time with your family. I know how much that means to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Is it a hassle to ship it to me? We'll take 3 bags.

    Things are looking up ~ can't believe precious Brenda will soon be there!
    Congrats to beautiful Abby for her award!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!