Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Hello Sunshine


The sun is shining inside and outside today!  There is good news to share!  In the past 25 hours, Abby only had two seizures... and they were seperated by more than an hour and so no clusters either AND she had NONE during the day yesterday (even during a nap)!  This is all in the right direction and so we are just so thankful today and thrilled our precious one hasn't had an additional drug in that time too.

Other good news is that the EEG showed the doctors some "good stuff".  Even though we are not sure what ALL that means at this moment, the big thing they saw is that it all seems to be orginating in the same area... the left frontal lobe.  So they wanted to leave her hooked up and get another nights worth.  So they got the two this morning at 5 something and 7 something.  If they started from the same area... that will be even better news.  So we'll see what happens today and if she goes today without a cluster during the day or night... we might be able to come home tomorrow. 

Your prayers are such gifts to us.  We do not take prayer lightly.  We believe that prayer moves the heavens, that it moves God, and that it invokes and releases the power of God.  Taking the time to lift Abby and our family up to the Lord means so so much to us.  Each night as I pray and I think of all the hundreds of people talking to the Lord on her behalf... I am so moved, strengthened, and encouraged.  I just can not thank you enough.  We have been battling this for six years and every time we are in the heat of battle... you all rally around us... you have not grown weary of our requests and we just love you and thank you for that... you are Jesus to us when you do that.

I had my night to sleep at home last night and I slept from 8:30 p.m. to 8 a.m.  It was the best night of rest I have had in weeks.  It simply amazes me how much energy I have when I have really rested... I am so thankful.  I am off to the hospital now.  I'll update from there tonight.  THANK YOU and LOVE LOVE LOVE to you all.  And a special thank you to my mom's friends in VA who have shared their prayers through emails and posted comments of encouragement... I treasure them and your love.

HUGS!!!!!!!




5 comments:

  1. Glad you are seeing some improvement and that the doctors are getting useful information. :) I stood in for Abby on Sunday night at church and had the whole church pray. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I will continue praying. I know, as you do, there is great power in prayer. And it's the least we can do for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Abby and you and Don too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying, Dawn. Happy to hear of the improvement. Your MTM group loves you and your family and we will miss you dearly tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear the good news. I will continue to send warm prayers for you and your family. I am so glad to see Abby smiling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!