Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Snow Falling

There is beautiful and fluffy snow falling this morning.  It is so beautiful blowing through the air... a sweet treat this morning.

Last night was long.  We lost the iv line due to irritation from the atavan being given twice... it burns and irritates the vein and so the iv was removed.  Lucki;y they can give diastat like we do at home and so as of now they don't have to stick her again for another one.

She had two seizures at 1 a.m. and then four more at 5:35 a.m.  We are discouraged they are not slowing up at all.  But the good thing is that we had about ten captured on the video EEG.  Our large prayer request is that something will be seen on there that will be helpful in some way.  Of course our other large request is that the seizures stop and the damage to what she has learned stops.

Thank you for your continued support and love and prayers.  You mean so much to us.  Your words and concern help us so much during times like this.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Hi, my name is Dawn too, I volunteer with your Mom in the children's dept for BSF. I am praying & will continue to do so. Godspeed to you & your family, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Hi Dawn and family,

    My husband, Peter, and I are good friends with your mom and dad and have met you when you have visited Virginia. You and your family have been in our prayers for some time, since before you adopted Abby. We have two adopted boys and my brother has an adopted daughter from Russia (she is now 14 and was adopted at age 10). God has a plan for them and we were chosen to be a part of it. He is sovereign and when we get overwhelmed we keep repeating, "Let go and let God." Prayer has been the key. We are continuing to pray for you all that the seizures will come under control and Abby can move forward again. We also pray that His peace be with you. Love in Christ, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. Read my blog when you get a chance, I had you on my mind when God spoke this to me. Love you much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Continuing to pray and I've asked Abby to be placed on our church-wide prayer requests, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn- I just read all the blog entries about Abby. Know that I am praying for her. Praying peace for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending my prayers your way. I am so sorry to hear that Abby is having such a hard time. I will pray for peace and healing for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read the terrible news about Abby and my heart is broken. I am praying and claiming God's promises. Love you all, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Good morning Dawn...
    The boys and I are praying for Abby. Gianni wants her to "feel betta".
    Many blessings to you, Don & Marc.
    Love you all...Raydeen, Georgie & Gianni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!