Friday, January 01, 2010

Where The Road Takes Us

Happy New Year!  I have to say I am pretty excited to be heading into a new year.  I am still spinning from the last one and the realization that it has passed.  When did time start moving so quickly?

I took the picture in my header this fall in Virginia when we visited my parents for Thanksgiving.  The sky was amazing.  It was so cold and I must have stopped at least 15 times on the side of the road to take pictures.  Abby started whinning, "AgAIN...????" every time I pulled over!  It was pretty funny.  But I love this picture.  I love the sky, so full of movement, color, depth, power, God's presence.  I love the road lying there, empty... just waiting.  It seemed like the perfect picture to start off the year with... God's presence and beauty and the road He is waiting to lead us down... just lying there... waiting... full of turns, bumps, smooth spots, promise, and a glorious destination with beauty all along the way!

2009 was a full year... full of change, challenges, growth, love, joy, and God.  He was everywhere.  He drew us closer to Him and showed Himself to us in audacious ways!  I can't wait to see what He has in store for us in 2010!


Instead of offering to you the ways I hope to improve over the next year... I offer you a challenge.  I challenge you to seek the Lord as you never have before... even if you don't believe in Him... for in seeking Him... you will find Him.  There is no selfish motive behind this challenge... only the desire for you to be blown away by a God who longs to walk with you each day.  What do you have to lose?  Nothing.  And what do you have to gain?  EVERYTHING!

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. Thanks for the challenge...I will take it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Thank you for the beautiful picture. The Lord first became real to me in the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!