Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stuff...

Wow.  Distracted.  Frustrated.  Anxious.  Surrendered.  That's been the last few days.  There is so much to say.  Yet, because some dear child has access to my blog, careful words are required for now.  Frustrating.  How I long to spill my heart, as I longed to do many times she was here.  But we can't.  We are not allowed.  For various reasons.  Good reasons.  Thought out reasons.  But it makes it no easier.  Are you with me at all!?

"Be anxious in nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, WITH THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE of GOD, which SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING, will GUARD your HEARTS and MINDS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS." Philippians 4: 6,7~

This scripture is what I am clinging to right now.  This is what I am proclaiming, pressing into my heart, trying to remain focused on and surrending to yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  I LOVE God's word and the way it breaths on us and speaks to us.  What a precious and holy gift to us.

I have felt like a school girl having her first crush... that lack of concentration.  Latvia is 7 hours ahead of us in time.  So here it what it is like... sometimes in my head... for ten seconds... ready....?
What time is it? 
What time is it there?
I wonder if she is home from school yet?
What did she wear... something I bought her?
Did she have a good day?
I wonder if she has piano practice?
I wonder if she has left me a message yet?
I wonder if she feels lonely?
I wonder if she really knows how much I love her/we love her?
Why has it not happened yet?
When are they going to ask?
Seriously... what is the hold up?
Stop it. Calm down.  Get a grip.
Should I call the coordinator?
Should I send the lawyer a friend request?
No.
Stop.
Relax.
Breathe.
Focus.
OK. Better now.  God is in control.
God is in control.
God is in control.
God's plan for me/for us is good.
I need to pray.
Stop and pray.

Yeah.  That's just a glimpse!  HA.
The Lord brought peace to me Monday night. What a sweet gift.  To feel that peace come, in the midst of your circumstances that are still the same, and to know that it is the peace mentioned in the above scripture, is just the most precious and calming thing... gift... blessing.  So I have had much less of the above moments, although they slip in from time to time.  Instead of walking in circles and having them 100 times a day... I may be down to 5 times a day.  Instead of checking my messages 20 times a day... I try and check just 3! :0)

On other news... Abby's health is a huge praise right now!  We have had two seperate intense prayer times of healing for her and she is doing amazingly!  She is getting out like 5 to 6 thoughts at a time!  HUGE.  She also just hopped on her scooter, pushed about four times, then slid the right foot up behind the left on the scooter and rode it down the road, balanced... she has NEVER been able to do that.  HUGE!  We also have decreased her Topamax two times for a total of three times and she is now at half her original dosage... just 125 mg per day instead of 250!  AND she is not having seizures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PRAISE THE LORD WHO REIGNS IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH!  We are decreasing again this Saturday night!  I am so excited for her and thankful to HIM!

" As for me, I will call upon God, And the Lord shall save me.  Evening, morning, and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice."  Psalm 55: 16,17

I do have a prayer request.  My mother had a knee replacement surgery today.  Everything went well and she is home resting!  Prayers for her continued healing, self control to obey doctors orders, and renewing of body and spirit are so appreciated!  THANK YOU.

Much love... and hugs... Dawn

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I'm with you! I don't have to know all the details to know. I am praying and anxiously awaiting word.

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Praise God! You are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!