Saturday, January 02, 2010

Saturday Confessions

OK.  Here it is.  I am not perfect.  I know at least several of you are shocked.  I do know you will get through it... with time! HA

In the past, there have been comments that are so complimentary of my "mothering" that I have been left feeling guilty!  So here it is... I am starting off the new year with the main confession of my mothering short coming... I get highly irritated with my children... I mean highly.  Whew.  There it is.  You now know I am far from perfect... the pressure is gone!

I get HIGHLY irritated when Abby starts arguing with me 3 minutes after being awake.  I get HIGHLY irritated when she is still arguing with me on the way to school 50 minutes later.  I get way HIGHLY irritated when she continues arguing with me 1 minutes after getting back in the car after school.  It goes something like this:

6:30 a.m. Me-  "Good Morning Precious One"
               Abby- "I am NOT precious!"
6:35 a.m.  Me- "You need to wear pants today, it's cold outside."
                Abby- "I don't want to wear pants and it's not cold."
6:45 a.m.  Me- "Here is your breakfast, sit down and eat."
                Abby- "I don't want breakfast."  "I want to buy my lunch today."
                 Me- "You are taking your lunch today."
                Abby-" Why do I have to take my lunch? I don't want to take my lunch."
                Me- "You take your lunch so you have good food to eat."
               Abby- "I don't want to eat."
Get the picture?  And this is EVERY DAY!

Now onto the other little one... Marc Parker.  I get HIGHLY irritated that he SCREAMS ALL THE TIME!  WORDS MUST START COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He screams when Abby says "Good Night" to him.  He screams when Abby looks at him.  He screams when Abby touches him.  He screams when he doesn't get the food he wants.  He screams when he wakes from a nap.  He screams.  It's like nails on a chalk board to my soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there.  My children are not perfect and I am not perfect.  I am HOPING and PRAYING for more wisdom in how to handle such things because I truly would like to feel irritated less.  But for now, I guess I am just imperfect. 

Now onto other and lighter confessions-  I love unsharpened pencils.  I know.  Crazy.  Odd.  Random.  But there is something about pencils with cool patterns on them that are not sharpened that I would just like hoard.  I am drawn to them.  I know... your image of me is falling apart quickly.  I also really love writting with pencils.  I am a horrible speller.  You probably know this about me as you have read many of my mispellings.  Yes, I went to journalism school at the University of North Carolina and I am still a horrible speller.  And my new version of blogger does not have spell check anymore.  My husband is an excellent speller and he often points out my mistakes and so that helps.  To pass the journalism program you have to take this HORRID spelling test thats like 20 pages... confession number three- I had to take the test THREE times.  I was a basket case.  But I finally passed!  I am a hair nightmare!  I have hated my hair... since I was born.  Seriously.  You think I'd be over it by now... but I am not. It's kinda thin... not real brown and not real blonde... just muddy in the middle... and it has enough wave in it to not starighten well and not be curly either.  And I know I mispelled curlie/curley/curly (they all look wrong to me... I don't know... maybe it was actually right!).  And that's all I am going to say about that. 

I guess that is enough for now.  I am hoping that all of you know now that I am far from perfect.  So now I can go on posting without the fear of misleading any of you! 

Lots of love... lots... and thank you for loving me!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, so glad to know that I'm not the only one that gets HIGHLY irritated VERY easily..that was my New Year's resolution..to be more patient with me kids..well, day 1 of Jan, it was over with..lol..so difficult, but it's my personality too..

    I love writing with pencils but really SHARP pencils or mechanical pencils are even BETTER..

    And I think your hair has always looked great.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HYSTERICAL! Like they say on Noggin: "We're not perfect, we're parents!". Just keep loving those sweet babies. =)

    I CANNOT spell either! I minored in English at the University of Alabama and I've been known to misspell my own name. And I switched back to the old version of the Blogger editor BECAUSE the new version didn't have spell check.

    I've always loved your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so darn cute...

    i love reading about your life. it makes me feel more normal that i have such a crazy one too! you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you figure out the irritation thing, let me know..you are not alone! I always say, you don't have to Like your kids all the time..just Love them all the time..oops I just misspelled time..but Tom corrected me..please don't stop blogging..even if we don't comment all the time we are here listening and loving! PS..Tom is having a hip replacement on Tuesday 1/5...any extra prayers you can send our way are appreciated..Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate writing with pencils....but your hair has always looked great to me. :) And I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Oh my....Lane WAS a screamer. He also screamed ALL THE TIME!! For no known reason. He would even go to our closet and just scream with fustration!!! Those days were really hard.

    Now...whew...he is 2 1/2 and speaks so well. He can actually tell us what he wants/don't wants. The more vocal he gets the less fustrated he is. He hardly ever scream anymore. And he has become so much more loving. He wasn't even loving during his screaming months...no he is my little love bug...

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not perfect?!?! JK! I know...it's good to hear that you too get frustrated. I'm not a parent yet but I'm afraid that I'll be a frustraited/aggitated mom one day. I guess I'll practice being loving and patient with my hubby for now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!