Thursday, May 24, 2012

Twenty 20 Challenge- Day 6 (and other random things!)

I ALMOST feel guilty about this one... but it is what it is and it was EASY today.  I am not going to apologize for an easy 20!  Our office is my least favorite room in the house.  The furniture doesn't work right and the space is not laid out right and it is always a mess.  We have a computer armour and it is just a nightmare half the time.  My DREAM is to have the entire back wall turned into built in with built in file cabinets, shelves, and DRAWERS with two areas for work, including the computer, but... sigh... sadly it costs money and we just don't have a money tree out back.

So anyway, today, there was another "pile" sitting here and so I asked Don if it needed to be recycled or shredded.  It's pages from his flight manual that are out dated and so they needed to be shredded.  OUT-OF-HERE!  And there were more than 20 pages and so I am ahead!!!!  HA HA

On another note... I want to introduce you to a dear friend of mine whom I just ADORE for so many reasons.  The latest reason is because she has turned into a furniture painting DIVA!  I mean... look at this super adorable piece of furniture...

Can you stand it!?  Is that not almost the cutest thing ever!!!!  Yes.  Yes it is!

And this one... LOVE IT!  AND...

this one.  Amazing and love it.  Her pieces go fast as she prices them super affordable and so you need to join her site HERE and stay up with her blog!

Lastly, I wanted to thank you for the sweet support you have given me on facebook about our not so great news about Don's job.  I appreciate it and KNOW God will guide us and that things will be fine in Him.
That night, I read one of my devotions, Jesus Calling, and was SO blown away by God's words and timing.  He speaks to me SO SO often through my devotions.  His intimacy with me never ceases to amaze me.  I wanted to share that devotion with you here.

Jesus Calling  May 22

"When things don't go as you would like, accept the situation immediately.  If you indulge in feelings of regret, they can easily spill over the line into resentment.  Remember that I am sovereign over your circumstances, and humble yourself under My mighty hand.  Rejoice in what I am doing in your life, even though it is beyond your understanding.  I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  In Me you have everything you need, both for this life and for the life yet to come.  Don't let the impact of your world shatter your thinking or draw you away from focusing on Me.  The ultimate challenge is to keep fixing your eyes on Me, no matter what is going on around you.  When I am central in your thinking, you are able to view circumstances from My perspective. "  
1 Peter 5:6; John 14:6

 Needless to say, I was BLOWN away.  My post spoke about me being shattered.  And I am in the middle of this Twenty/20 Challenge.  BOTH of those were addressed as well as the whole things not going as I would like!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE when my LORD does that for me.  Not the day before, not the day after, but THE DAY I NEED TO HEAR THOSE words and He uses a devotion to hand deliver them to me.  Humbled.  And thankful.  I am sure I will be reading that entry often.

If you do not read a devotion and would like to begin, there are two I highly recommend.  They are the two I use and they speak to me this way OFTEN!!!!!!!  At His Feet, by Chris Tiegreen and Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.  Both use scripture to encourage and challenge you on a daily basis! 

Much love,
Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!