Wednesday, January 07, 2009


12 Day Detox- Day 2

I weighed in today... will not share those results... and measured my waist, thighs and hips... no wonder I don't ever do that such of thing! Anyway, although I won't share my numbers, I will share how much they change after ten more days!

I had insomnia AGAIN last night for the third time in about 5 nights and so I finally got up at midnight and spent an hour in God's word, journaling, and praying. The clock said 1 a.m. on the nose when I went to bed the second time and I am sure I lied there at least another half hour before drifting off. Abby awoke me a bit after 6:30 a.m. and so needless to say, I am exhausted today.

BUT, I managed to do the diet easily today and have more energy than I would have thought. Plus I made these yummy berry flax seed muffins for dessert tonight (and future breakfasts).

I am already getting emails about the detox. Just get the book (mentioned in previous post) and you will be very informed and probably SOLD on detoxing your body as well!

Today's menu was easy and yummy.
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with portebella mushrooms and onions,
topped with cilantro with half an orange. Cranberry raspberry juice.
Lunch: 2 celery stalks with peanut butter, carrot stick, almonds, and half an orange.
* I opted for such a light lunch after breakfast was 10 times
bigger than what I usually eat... I was fuller than a
tick after vacation at a kennel!
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast with sea salt, cracked pepper, cilantro (I LOVE cilantro), fresh garlic and olive oil... served with steamed brussels sprouts in orange zest, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and olive oil... and fresh mango.
** This dinner was CRAZY good. The cilantro and sea salt on the chicken
popped off the orange zest and ginger on the brussels sprouts and the mango
was the quiet smooth finale to the mouth fiesta!
Snack: too full... didn't have one
Dessert: Very Berry Flax Seed Muffins with blueberries, raspberries,
& blackberries... topped with crushed almonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!