Sunday, May 01, 2011

Yesterday's Gift

My sweet Abby, 
 You were given the sweetest gift yesterday... you took off on your bicycle...
without training wheels... and you received your wings.
You have tried to learn for oh so long... and yesterday was your day.
As I held onto the seat... something whispered to me... "Let go."
And I did.
As I watched you ride away, as if I had never held on, the joy rose up from the tips of my toes.
My hands covered my mouth and I held my breath... I didn't want to make a peep.
I had no idea if you knew I was no longer there.
And you rode in a half circle... around the tree... far from me.
And then you stopped... and looked for me.
You were there... and I was here.
Shouts of joy bounced off the clouds as mommy jumped up and down!
YOU DID IT ABBY GRACE!!!  YOU DID IT!  YOU RODE YOUR BIKE...
ALL BY YOURSELF.
Your smile was pure and so full of joy.
My tears were falling and my spirit was soaring.

You did it Abby Grace.  You did it.
You never gave up.  You tried again and again and again...
and your spirit has found a new way to fly...
and our hearts have found a new song.

I am so happy for you...
I love you...
Mommy


I will post pictures of her first day of riding tomorrow!

(The source of the sweet picture in this post can be found on etsy.com)

1 comment:

  1. crying tears of joy!!
    SO PROUD OF YOU MY LITTLE ABSTERS!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!