Wednesday, May 25, 2011

And He saw it was good...



I found two tiny tiny baby birds in the back yard last night, dead.  I was so full of sadness.  Something must have gotten to the eggs, as one was still in a tiny little ball.  I went inside to get a paper towel and my heart just flooded with how these tiny creatures were "safe" inside their egg, growing, living, getting ready to sing a song God placed deep in their knowing... and an enemy came and took it all away... and they were helpless.  And I was heartbroken.  I was sad for the mommy bird who returned to her nest to find it empty.



"And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind."  And it was so.  God made the wild animals, each according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.  And God saw it was good."  Genesis 1:24,25~





Life.  Beautiful life that God created... they give glory to Him by their very presence.  Oh how I long for eternity where harmony will lie over animals like the warm soft blanket of God's love.


"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them."  Isaiah 11:6~



















Lord, I praise you and thank you for the animals you have created.  I thank you for the tenderness, strength, emotion, and love they possess and share.  I marvel at the endless variety you have given us.  I marvel at the joy they bring my soul.  I see you all over them... all in them... and all around them.  I am so thankful for the deep appreciation for them you have planted deep inside me, for I know it is a reflection of your heart... a piece of you.  I mourn at the ways man can disrespect, hurt, abuse, and destroy them.  Dominion or not... you never intended such horrible misuse of your creation.  And I know you do not overlook it.  Justice is yours.  But my heart still mourns. 

I can't wait to be the zoo keeper of heaven... the zoo with no cages and no walls... just precious animals and peace! 






"Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do His bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds... Let them praise the name of the LORD, for His name alone is exalted; His splendor is above the earth and heavens."  Psalm 148:7-10 and 13 ~


P.S.  Thank you for my Dusty Poof... I love the way you love me through him!



4 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!