Friday, May 27, 2011

Come Undone


Today was the last day of school. The day started out with promise. It started out with cinnamon rolls and a bowl full of cherries.

Then something happened. Something snapped. And every speck of dirt in the house started screaming at me. I saw it everywhere. On the door to Abby's bedroom, on the cabinets, on the fridge, on the floor, on the bathroom mirrors... and I started to come undone. The feeling of weariness started coming in the spaces inside that were just previously filled with joy. And I started getting crankie.

As we tried to leave for the school, the garage door won't close. After numerous attempts, I finally had to keep my finger on the button until it was all the way closed, go back inside, walk out the back door to only walk out the gate that is still lying on the ground because it no longer fits the fence since the new sidewalk has been put in. As I go to pick it up, it bangs into my shin and my hand gets covered with fabulous red Georgia dirt. And I come undone.

As I sit in the kitchen floor, wiping cabinets with clorox wipes and holding back tears, I think about a blog that gives me hope and encourages me almost daily... A Holy Experience. There is a link on the right side of my blog.

So I leave my wipes and head to the computer... hoping that she can help me get through this moment... because she overflows with His light... and I wanted to sit before it for just a moment. And in a sweet gesture from my Father... her post today spoke to me unlike it would on any other day. She, too, comes undone and she shared it... and she shared how the Spirit walked her through it.

And I hear Him say to me... "It will be ok," and "You are not alone."

Some of the same words my husband spoke to me as he walked out the door to go to work.

"It will be ok."

And I believe them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:32 AM

    Hi Dawn!!!

    Wanted to let you know I still check your blog on a regular basics..I love reading about you sweet family!!!

    Love,
    Donna
    Alabma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!