Tuesday, January 16, 2007


Trees in Winter

I think trees are the most beautiful in Winter. Fall brings great color, Spring brings sweet blooms of promise, but Winter brings to light the tree's soul. The intricate detail in the twisting and turning of branches is truly the tree's true identity. When covered in leaves, you see the outline of a tree. When bare, you see her heart and soul and it is amazing and beautiful. This is one of my favorite trees in Winchester. It stands out in a field and is so majestic and graceful and full of years and years of history. If only she could talk. So here she is. I have another favorite tree on the way to our lake house in Alabama and I will photograph her soon. I love taking pictures of trees. They are one of God's greatest and most beautiful creations.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! i love your desciption of trees in winter...bearing their heart and soul. beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!