Tuesday, January 16, 2007


Christmas Eve morning, Don, my dad, Abby and myself went downtown to serve food and hand out presents to the homeless. It was a very neat way to start Christmas Eve. Heidi, a friend at church, has started this ministry, and a group of people go down every Sunday afternoon to hand out clothes and other staples. Many people from our missions trip last May were there and it was amazing to share it with everyone. It was my third Sunday there and it was very special to recognize several people. It was Abby's second Sunday and she handed out candy canes! My job was to stand at the line and mark everyone's hand with a symbol to show they had waited in the line and not cut or come back for seconds, thirds, ect... It was simply amazing to me how PATIENT they stood in line waiting to be fed. After a couple hours and hundreds of people, I marked my last hand and weall cheered and praised the Lord that there had been JUST ENOUGH FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!