Thursday, March 12, 2009


Your Love Never Fails

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. ... "Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63: 3,4,/7, 8 ~
I have had a really bad week. Blogs can be filtered information... only stories of the best things, the pretty things, the chosen things. But I have suffered something this past weekend that will forever affect my soul, my thoughts, my heart... and will linger on me for the rest of my days.
I do not share for certain reasons. But I can say that God has walked every step with me and surrounded me with a few of His precious children to comfort and love me. I have seen HIM allow me to continue to walk forward and I am so very thankful for His hand on me, His love filling me, and His grace surrounding me... and yes... His sovereignty giving me hope.
In the midst of this, comes Abby's school dilemma. This morning I chose to go to class with her and stayed for the first two hours of class. First of all, she had courage that just blew me away. We talked about it yesterday and I was surprised at how excited she was about another change so soon.
She walked into class this morning with smiles and purpose. She was being so brave I had to fight back tears. Then the blessings started poring down from her precious Father above. A little girl, who had been waiting for her to arrive, greeted her with smiles, sweetness, and hugs. The entire mainstream class was waiting for her with excitement. "Abby's here" they said to each other as she walked into the door. Then they started coming up to her and introducing themselves. One precious boy said, "She's just like us!" It was so precious... I REALLY had to fight the tears and I am proud to say I held them all inside!
Abby noticed her name was on a shamrock on the door, like everyone else. She pointed it out to me and smiled so big! PRECIOUS. Her seat was all ready with her name on her chair. "Isn't Abby so sweet," said one little girl to her friend. "Yes," he nodded with a smile. Another little girl asked if she could walk with her up the hall to turn in the lunch count and then took her hand and walked down the hall with her. To a mother... this, the kindness of other children to your child, is a precious gift.
She was in class with them for over an hour before you went into the self-contained classroom for one on one help with math, reading, and other skills. She transitioned beautifully. She'll be back in the other mainstream class for morning time, 2 story times, snack, lunch, recess, and afternoon specials like art, music, computer, and gym.
I am thrilled with how the morning went and I could see she felt very accepted. The bonus in all this...? There is another little one in her class who has seizures. They are going to be told today so they can share that with each other.
The entire class has a feeling of love all over it. It reminds me totally of how Mrs. Osborne ran her class when Abby was in kindergarten. Loving others and kind hearts are taught above the academics. When you walk into a class like this... you know!
So my dear Lord, I am sending you a thank you note. Your love and your generosity continues to overwhelm me at the most important times. You have brought me much hope and comfort today. You are so loving and thoughtful and I am so grateful for how audacious you are in our lives when we seek you, look for you, rely on you, bring our pain and joys to you, love you and trust you. THANK YOU. (and thank you for all your precious prayers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!