Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Morning

We got a phone call from the lawyer in Florida that she had spoken with a family member of the family seeking adoption and they are ready to move forward. They asked to meet with her Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. Your prayers during this time will be appreciated so very much.

This is the furthest we have been in any of the domestic adoption situations that have presented themselves. It is a hard place to be. I am trying to stay in my "happy safe place". My mind wonders over to thoughts of the possible future and then I reel them back into the "happy safe place"... trying not to go there yet.

This is a hard thing to pray for as well. My prayers are for the mother. If this is right for her and the child, that the decision will be made as soon as possible, for everyone's sake. And if it is not right for them, that they will know and the door will be closed quickly.

I am also praying for the heart of this little one. Prayers for protection, healing, God's presence, and for him to be able to see and accept our love are top on my list. I am also praying for our hearts, as well as Abby's.

Thank you all, again, for lifting us up during this time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Praying for you Dawn. This is a hard place to be at during the adoption process BUT know that GOD and ONLY GOD is in ontrol......And still praying for Abby and her friends at school. I hope that situation is still going good.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    we will continue to pray for you all..and cross our fingers..and toes..and wear our pj's inside out ..and look for 4 leafed clovers..and wish on the 1st star..and pray, and pray some more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!