Thursday, March 05, 2009


Fundraiser for Peru Missions Trip- Number One


And He said to them,"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15~

I am so very excited about going to Peru this July. It will be my second missions trip out of the country and I feel, in my spirit, it will be even more amazing than the last one. There is something so intimate about traveling to remote parts of the world and sharing God's love with people you don't even know. There is something primal about it, something that excites the Holy Spirit inside of you with satisfaction and thirst for more. It's what we were created to do.

What's even more amazing to me is how you, yes... you dear blog follower, can be apart of and on this trip with me. Just by praying for this trip, you have become a part of it. You have connected your spirit with God's intent and plan for this trip. I am sorry, but that is exciting! The more you pray for this trip and for God's plan in it, the more you become a part of it! That's just too cool!

The other way you can become a part of it is by contributing to the funds needed for me and the team to go. I will be sending out letters for support to my friends and family but I also wanted to use my blog to do another thing. I wanted to give you the opportunity to "bid" on items that you can purchase and all the money will go towards my mission trip. I am hoping that God will be so abundant that I will have some to share with others... as one sweet girl on our teams has a husband who just lost his job. By "bidding" on an item, you then will have something tangible to remind you of your presence in Peru with us! I was hoping that would be cool to you too.

So here is my first item for "auction". It is another pair of earrings that I have hand made. They were some of my favorites so I made extra pairs! This is the last pair I was saving to use as a gift. They are made with faceted rectangles of aqua glass and topped with several pieces of faceted rose czech glass. They are too cute and very light weight. They are on sterling silver french ear wires.

The "rules" for the auction are going to be kept loose. I am going to leave it to God. There is no minimum bid and you can increase your bid in any increment. The auction of these earrings will close at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10th. The highest bidder will win and I will get with you on where to send your check. Your donation will be tax deductible.

Thank you so much for your emails of encouragement and support already. I am so excited to photograph and document the trip. I can't wait to see what God has planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!