Thursday, May 01, 2008


Miley Cyrus

I can not believe I am actually posting this, but I just feel I should. I have been planning a "Miley" post because I am just crazy about her song, "See you again" (you can play it in my playlist). It's just a bubble gum, teeney bopper, fun song! Every time I hear it in the car... or on my playlist now... I crank it and dance like...well.. a teeny bopper! Thankfully, I haven't pulled anything out of whack yet! :0)

But I am very saddened by what Miley is going through right now and I think it relates GREATLY to what our young people are going through EVERYDAY and I believe it is a HUGE attack on our youth.

Sexuality permeates our culture and it is ridiculous how much it affects our young people... sad and outraging really. Here is this young girl, trying to have a career in an industry that promotes and distorts sexuality and she is so QUICKLY falls victim to the viscious reality that is so many times hidden... or tried to be hidden. "You are a money maker."

You are not a person anymore. You are sales. You are ratings. You are advertising bait. I feel Vanity Fair did what any other magazine would do... they got the shot to sell their magazine... and it's disgusting. What's even more disgusting is how our culture feeds on this mess. What is the motivation behind this. I AM GUILTY. I look at People magazine and I am intrigued by celebrities. I am intrigued by their life, their power, how they choose to use it, and what they are doing. WHY? WHY? WHY? That is my question today... to myself... and to you... WHY do we care?

I am hoping that the media (also a viscious money making sick machine... and yes, I once was apart of that and it IS ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS... which is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY... which is why I left it!) will BACK off and not do to her what they have done and continue to do to Britney... can't believe I am posting about her as well... but they destroy people in the quest for money and it really maddens me. I just want to get a hold of those girls (and many more in Hollywood) and shake them! They are so deafened by the lies and surrounded by the wrong people and influences... oh it saddens me.

Miley has an opportunity to USE this lastest episode of exploitation to BE a good role model and admit she fell for it... fell for the trap, was hooked, and caught. She can also protect herself and speak out against it... but that would be speaking against the very thing that propels her career. It's sad... so sad.

So that is my soap box today.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%. Robby and I love Miley and are slightly embarrassed to say we have found ourselves watching Hannah Montana quite a few times!! I hope she uses this for good and stays strong...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!