Friday, May 23, 2008


Big things from little charms...
I continue to be amazed at what God is doing with my business this year... the year I was going to sell it. My latest endeaver with one of my newest stores has led me to an AMAZING opportunity!
The owner of Boulignini, my newest store to carry Georgia Jewels, has introduced me to one of her Zulugrass reps. I have been making bead clusters and silver charms that "clip" on the zulugrass bead strands she sells and they are a HUGE hit! The rep came in yesterday and LOVED them and asked if I could come in and meet her! I was in the chair at the salon when she called but made it up there just 45 minutes later to meet her and we hit it off! She loves my product and packaging and wants to present them to her company owners, the Leakey's!
This is really a cool thing for MANY reasons. For one, these bead strands and made in Kenya and Tanzania by African women and the Leakey family set up this company to sell them. A portion of the sales of these beads goes back to the women directly and they are building a community and becoming self sufficient! The second cool thing is that my colorful bead clusters are not only selling, they are increasing the sales of the zulugrass beads! The third cool thing is that I am going to give 10% of my sales of my charms to these women too!!!! The fourth cool thing is that I could be going BIG TIME really soon!!!!!
OK, breath. The Leakey family lives in Kenya with these tribe women several months of the year... you have to go to http://www.leakeycollection.com/zulugrass.php to see more about their passion for these women... it's very cool! They are coming back to the states in August. I could be meeting them then.... ok... breath! (giggle...giggle) In the mean time, the rep is forwarding my info and samples to her stores (in seven states) with the highest zulugrass sales so I can make charms for them too! And she wants me to attend a show she is doing in Atlanta in July to reveal the Fall collection!!!!!!!
So how cool is that!? How cool is God? How cool is it that with each one of these charms I am making... I am giving a little to a tribe of women and helping them and their children have a better life!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled to the core of my soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God... once again... YOU ROCK!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. It is so great to see God alive and so obviously working in your life, keep those posts coming because I know they are a blessing to so many people. It's rare to see the way God works so close up like people can see in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Candi... I pray it can encourage others to look for God acting in their lives each day too!
    I hope and pray you are well. We are praying for you and your mother! Tell her to snap out of it... every one already knows she's the beautiful one! :0)
    Love ya, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:40 AM

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!