Saturday, May 03, 2008


Call for Prayers for my family...
Oh... my mom called last night and her sister, Sharon, is in ICU. Last night, the news was that her brain was very swollen and that there was a large mass underneath her brain. Today, the news is that she has five tumors... two on top of her brain, a very large one beneath her brain, one in her lung and another in her stomach. Sugery will be Monday. They are going into the skull to see what exactly they are dealing with... but in simple words... it doesn't look good.
Please pray and I ask for specific prayers... thank you. Please pray for Sharon. Pray she will have ease of pain and be given the peace of God through this dark moment. Please pray she will be surrounded with love and God's light and will be touched with healing. Please pray for her two daughters, Candi and Jamie, as they walk this valley with her. Pray that God gives them strength, energy, faith, hope, courage, wisdom, peace and fills them with His presence. Please pray for her doctors. Pray they are given wisdom and eyes to see what God would have them to see and that God will guide their thoughts and actions.
Please pray for my mother, as she is in Virginia and it is hard for her to be so far away. Pray she can get her business and life in order and be able to be there when needed... pray for safe travels for her this weekend and for God to fill her with strength and courage and peace to be His love to her family during this time. Please pray for her heart as she has lost a sister and her mother just earlier this year, two weeks of each other.
Please pray for all the other family members involved who also have been through so much pain just months earlier... my aunt Cindy, my grandfather, my uncle Clay and his precious wife Jennifer.... pray God gives them all strength and that they seek and focus on HIM during this time.
Thank you... thank you for your faithfulness in praying for my family and for your love and support and encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Dawn,
    I live in Indiana and am a longtime friend of your Aunt Sharon. We met in 6th grade and have had a lasting friendship ever since. Candi called me Sunday to tell me of her mothers' diagnosis. I am so saddened by what my friend is facing. I have put her on our prayers list at church and have asked all my friends to lift her and the family up in their prayers. Prayer is powerful. Sharon is not in this alone.
    I read your blog often and get a blessing from your faith and your knowledge of the Bible. You never know who you touch.

    Sincerely
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    You are so sweet and Sharon is so lucky to have such a friend as you. She is on our church prayer list as well, as she is on several. Prayer being powerful is not secret in my life and I am moved everyday by how audacious and actively alive God remains today! He can and still does move mountains! Thank you for "meeting me" via my blog... God has been so sweet to use this as a way to meet other sisters in Christ! Thank you and have a wonderful week.
    Dawn~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!