Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I met my hawk today!
I was totally unaware until the last five minutes of our time together. But suddenly I saw it and was covered in chills from head to toe... as was she.
The past couple months, I have been struck with how many hawks I see. I love birds and everytime I see a hawk... I am moved by how "alone" and powerful and graceful it is. I always feel priviledged to see certain things in nature and so everytime I would see a hawk, I'd say outload, "I see you God... thank you for showing yourself to me today... you are majestic." Well, after several days in a row of seeing one... I started keeping count and I'd ask God as I walked to my car, "Show yourself to me... show me my hawk today." And when He would, I'd laugh out loud and be THRILLED that He was so... so there... like... "Ok... I'll show you."
So one day I was in the car with Don and it was about my 8th day in a row and I told him about it. He couldn't believe it and started looking for them too... he even showed me one. It was about 11 days straight and it got to the point where Don would call from a trip and ask, "Have you seen your hawk yet?"
Well, it has tapered off but I still see them often. Each time I do, I thank God and just get this warm fuzzy feeling all inside. So on to "meeting my hawk".
I had an adoption meeting this morning. Everything was going wrong. I couldn't find the directions they said they had mailed, I couldn't find an address for them on anything I had from them or online. I was calling like crazy for an hour (as I am blindly driving North on I-85) and there was noone answering. My cell phone was dead, Don had taken my car this morning and had my car charger... it was crazy.
With one cell phone bar left (I charged it 5 minutes before I left the house), my phone "whispered"a ring and it was Gloria. She gave me directions and I was going the right way and amazingly enough, I was there on time. We had our meeting and we really hit it off. I have been fearful of domestic adoption and so I wasn't really knowing what to expect. We had been going with a place out in CA but after our phone interview with them, Don and I both felt badly about the whole thing... it was weird. The next day, our homestudy lady emailed us with Gloria's info. It was a God thing.
At the end of our meeting, I was feeling very good about being there and being with this organization. We were talking about my back yard and I started talking about my bird feeders and how much I love birds and she said, "You know I am a hawk". "Hawk" is her last name. As soon as she said it, I was covered in chills and almost started crying. I looked up on the wall and looked at this bird I had been looking at while I was there and it was a hawk on a tree limb. She said, "Evertime my husand sees something with a hawk on it, he has to buy it."
I told her my story about hawks and she too became covered in chills... she is my hawk. She is my God sighting for today and I know, without a doubt, that God has led us to her to bring us to our second child.
If we had not started our adoption process for Kazakhstan, we'd not met Kelly... our homestudy girl. If we'd not hosted Karina from Russia last December, our relationship with her would have ended (at that time) with the final homestudy meeting and she would have never really known us so well. If she'd not emailed us about Gloria... I wouldn't have met my hawk! God is too cool and I am thrilled to see what He has planned for us next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!