Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello Again

I am SO SORRY for the hassle of having to go private!  It kinda bums me out as my blog has been a ministry tool for years... BUT when your child is hurt and you feel that violation... and are partly responsible... then you do what you have to do!

I am also sorry you have to "log in" now and had to set up a google account but it REALLY MEANS SO MUCH to me that you all care so much about my family and are willing to do that extra step!

Brenda has a teacher... yes, a teacher, who took several posts and twisted them into lies to cause Brenda pain and confusion.  She emailed her a message talking about how crazy we were and how mad we were about certain things.  This is the same person who was talking bad about adoption and people who adopt and was causing Brenda confusion and stress once she went back to Latvia after her first visit. 

But what the enemy intended for pain and confusion, GOD turned into an opportunity of major bonding between us!  After I DRUG out of her why she was crying, I brought her to the computer and read each of the posts with her... so she could see the truth for herself.  The lice story brought her to tears when I read how I felt love for her that very first day and she laid her head on my shoulder and cried and held me... it was very precious.  After we read all the posts, I had a long talk with her about people in her life that have hurt her, lied to her, broken her heart, damaged her trust and then vowed to her that Don and I will never lie to her and that she does not have to worry about us manipulating her.  We talked about how God was in control and has amazing plans for her.  I asked her if she knew about the "bad one" who was opposite of God and she said "yes".  I then explained how the bad one was not pleased that God has amazing and wonderful things planned for her and that he was trying to mess that up.  And she TOTALLY got it!  Praise the Lord... His hand is SO ON HER!  It ended with an agreement that she can not communicate with this teacher right now... and she called me "mom" for the first time. (smiles... big smiles)

Abby continues to do pretty well as we continue to lower her banzel levels.   Her language is still improving despite the increase of topamax.  We are very thankful for that.  Her teacher is out now to have a baby and so we'll see how she adjusts to that absence.  She loves her teacher very much.  I am hoping Abby can get through the rest of the year without behavior affects due to "M's" absence!

Marc is now sleeping in his new "big boy" bed and he LOVES it!  He's been sleeping in it for 4 nights and hasn't gotten up once before morning!  Woo Hoo.  It's a cute bed.  I'll post about it later.

Thank you again for joining me again.  If you have a friend, mother, sister, or someone who might need to see God's presence in the good and the bad... just email me and let me know so I can let them in!

Hugs and much love to you! 

4 comments:

  1. You are such a great mom. Praying for you guys often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Tears streaming down my face as I read this! It is just like the enemy to attack at this point! So nice to know that God is stronger! My heart melted when you said she called you mom! Awesome! Thank you Jesus for placing Brenda in this family! I will continue to pray! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hanging with you and the kids today. I hope to do it often. I have an open door policy so feel free to swing by, even without an invitation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A family is a child's most basic need. I can't imagine a teacher not wishing that for Brenda. Shame on her. You are an amazing mother that has created a beautiful family. Enjoy your three precious children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!