Thursday, August 27, 2009

Abby Update

We live with Abby's disease on a daily basis. Some days are bad. Some days are good. Some days are ok. And some days are great. We try so very hard not to let Abby's disease rule our lives. We have been there... and we can't stay there. So we try, strive, and pray to see Abby and love Abby and grow Abby outside of her disease. We don't ignore it by any means... but we focus on all the positive things... moments... achievements... and blessings.

So having said all that, Abby's seizures are not the topic of daily conversation. It sometimes catches me off guard when a friend, closer friend, seems surprised when we talk about Abby's seizures... "She's still having them?" YES. Abby still has seizures. I honestly feel like some don't ask anymore because they don't want to hear it anymore. But that's where we live, every day, with Abby's disease.

Abby had a seizure yesterday that was the longest one she has had in a while. She has been having two a week for over a month now. It is so hard to be with her and watch. I talk to her. I try to "snap" her out of it by calling her name... asking her to try and look at me (and sometimes she does) and so I know she hears me. But other than that, I just have to watch. And when they are long... part of me is damaged too.

Abby had another seizure this morning as I was trying to wake her up for school. It was the first time she's had one two days in a row in a long time too. It was heart breaking. At first I was in denial for about three seconds (as if that would make it not be so) and then acceptance arrived, followed by sadness, followed by deep disappointment with God, followed by resolve, followed by Praise. The emotional roller coaster is tough.

So we are asking for prayers. And I have to tell you how thankful I am that you do pray. I do not take prayer for granted. I do not under estimate it's power in the least. God has made me a believer and I am so thankful for that. Don and I pray with Abby each night, over her each night, and for her each night. I pray powerful "authority" prayers, humble begging prayers, tearful prayers, angry prayers... you name it... it's offered up.

Please pray for her daily. I am asking that you do something to remind you to pray for her. I know so many need prayer and there are so many things to pray for. But if you could pray for her daily for seven days, I would appreciate it so very much. You can put her name on your fridge, write it in eyeliner on your bathroom mirror, tie a ribbon for her on your steering wheel... just something to remind you to lift her up... we are praying for God to be audacious. We are praying for healing. We are praying for guidance. We are praying for a miracle. We are praying for patience, knowledge, wisdom, hope, strength, endurance, energy, balance, and peace.

Thank you. I love you so much. Hugs.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:17 AM

    ohh sweet dawn, you and abby are in our prayers.
    love you
    erin a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:57 AM

    I am praying for all of you, and especially precious Abby. You are lifted to the heavenly father!

    Love, Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only recently come across your blog, but from the first time I read I have been inspired and touched. I will pray for 7 days for Abby, and then 7 more if that is what is needed. She has such love and such life in her eyes, I can only imagine how hard her seizures are on you. Day #1 I am starting my prayers now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to put her name on my bathroom mirror ... praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:38 AM

    Praying for Abby...Day 1 is tonight. Love you Dawn.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always thinking of Abby and other kids like ours with Mito...sending lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!