Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday's Thoughtful Tip

Take it one day at a time. That's it. No glitz and glamor today. I am worn so thin, yet not looking so thin! ha

I officially started packing yesterday. I made a dent today. I am feeling sad. There has been so much life, intense life, lived in this house. I am started to grieve.

On top of all these emotions, the sale of this house has proved to be the most "trying" of all we have ever sold. This, of course, fits right into the way our life has been for a good year now... not sure why I am surprised. The realtor representing our buyers is less than stellar and keeps passing deadlines and yada yada. Then the sellers of the house we are buying (who are back in Japan) also have a less than stellar agent who won't return calls or emails... making for some stressful days. Add in meeting contractors, carpet cleaners, painters, and a million phone calls and you have some very long days.

Then there is also the on going adoption saga... drama... journey... ride... roller coaster wreck.
The birth father was served his papers about a week and a half ago and so we were just waiting out the 30 days and thinking we were going to be able to get everything done before our home study expires in May. We found out today that in fact we can't get everything turned in before it expires and so we will have to update it, spending more money and taking more time. In addition, the birth father has made a meager attempt to do something... although it's not what he "has" to do... so we wait two more weeks and see what happens.

On a good note, our appraisal came in higher than we needed it to. That was a blessing.

So sorry I have nothing "cool" to share today. My life remains upside down and I am taking slow breaths and trying to take it one day at a time.

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope." Psalm 130:5~

3 comments:

  1. GIRL..I just have NO idea how you are dealing with all the stress swirling around you? I mean, I know about leaning on God and all, but my goodness??!! You are one tough woman! I think what you need is one big nice pretty glass of Chardonnay!

    Hope all works out..keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with you guys moving to Legacy???????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs)))

    go soak in a nice bath...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!