Saturday, September 13, 2008


One Happy Book Worm!

I am so happy to be reading with such enthusiasm again! About two months ago, we turned off our cable as a "family experiment". Even though we did not watch a lot of tv... it was often turned on in the later hours of the night as a means of "mindless wind down time". I often found myself watching mindless matter when Don was gone on trips.

I have to admit I was a bit frightened at the idea of not having instant access to HGTV. As football season approached we also got a bit anxious. But in all honesty, it's AWESOME not having the ability to click that thing on and I have gotten back into my passion of reading books! I have read two in the past two weeks and have another one going ("Being a Great Mom Raising Great Kids") and one waiting in the wings (The Owl Named Wesley).

One of the books I have just read is "Peony in Love". It is so beautiful and the entire time I read it I kept thinking about what an incredible movie it will make... it HAS to become a movie soon!!!!
My friend Ryan came over last night and we watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" and I was really struck with how closely it parallelled the same issues of "Peony". They revolve around the same tragic issues of how women were thought of and treated in two totally different cultures. We got into such wonderful discussions last night about these issues that I actually dreamed about them last night and woke up this morning exhausted. SO... if you want a great read... get the book. And if you want a great movie to watch... rent the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!