Sunday, March 06, 2011

The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying, "Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass, And as I have purposed, so it shall stand;" Isaiah 14:24~

A dear friend of mine used this scripture the other day and it jumped off the page at me.  It yelled to me.  It spoke confidently to me.  And although it was written about the destruction of Assyria, it still resounds loud and clear about my life... the LORD does what He does, when He does it, how He does it and for the reasons He wants to do it... and He has a purpose and IT WILL STAND.

We have just spent some time focused on seeking the LORD'S direction on several things in our lives as well and doing some intercessory prayer for several people we love.  As I watch the journey of this year unfolding before me, I see God's hand all over it and it excites me.  I LOVE and LONG to be in His will for me.  There is no other place I want to be.  I don't want to miss anything He has purposed.

Along with this desire and focus has, of course, come attacks.  Anytime you are looking to the Father and striving to yield yourself to His thoughts and desires, the enemy comes out full throttle to try and distract you, distort your thoughts, and pull you away from the intimacy with Him.  I HATE that! 

I KNOW it comes with the territory, but I still hate that the enemy knows my weaknesses and pushes my buttons like an immature child... and a very wicked one.  Irritation is what he attacks me with and it affects my mood, my relationships with others and with the Father.  And then that just irritates me MORE!

Yesterday was a very bad day of irritation and of course it was when I was focused on resting and being with the Father on the day He created me to be with Him, to commune with Him, to worship Him, to rest in Him... the Sabbath.  And that irritation just about ruined the whole thing.  I KNOW it was no accident... as is the enemies vicious attacks to distort how I think about myself and steal my joy.

It is the thorn in my flesh that sticks me digs into me again and again and again.  Oh how I wish it would be burned out of me with the Holy fire of heaven!  And I guess that is what the LORD is trying to do.  It comes to the top, and He wants to skim it off.  He wants me to confess and lay it before Him so He can take it away.  The process is not an easy one.

I will not be deterred.  I will not allow my thoughts to be distorted.  I will continue to confess and confess until there is none left to bubble to the top.  Oh, I pray that is soon.

The LORD has me on a path of beauty in Him right now.  The enemy wants me to be distracted.  The LORD has me on a path of some very good stuff right now.  And the enemy wants to drag me off of it.  And even though I may fall and get scabbed knees, stubbed toes, and even a banged up face... I know the LORD has things purposed for me and THEY WILL STAND.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10~

I am about to spend a lot of time crafting for my fundraisers and nesting in my home... or "refreshing" as I like to call it.  I am hoping to have some renewal of spirit by soaking in, playing in, and enjoying the creativity that the LORD so sweetly has given me as a gift.


(source: Country Living)

Wouldn't it be great if I could refresh here each day!  I wonder if I can talk Don into bricking the back wall of our bedroom! :0)


(Source: Country Living)

Or here...
(**note to self: rip carpet off the stairs, paint them, and paint the top rail dark chocolate brown!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!