Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bumps in the road

Well, the adventure of getting D and B to Latvia was just that... an adventure!  We have to make four of these trips, two people on two and three people on two.  You can imagine what fair is to Europe booked at the last minute after getting court dates... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So B had a buddy pass on Delta and Don was flying on his flight benefits... a great blessing... IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF there are seats.  They were just trying to get to Europe (Amsterdam) where we had bought tickets to get from there to Riga.  After sitting at the airport all day on Saturday TRYING to get out of the country to ANYWHERE in Europe that Air Baltic flew out of, I was driving back home with them at 2 a.m.

Sunday, they were able to get to Munich.  I was supposed to then get online and rebook the Air Baltic tickets from Amsterdam to flying out of Munich.  It wouldn't let me.  So when they landed and Don saw they weren't changed... he tried to change them at an Air Baltic counter and they wouldn't let him either and we had to buy more tickets out of Munich to Riga.

Then Monday morning Abby had to have a tooth pulled at $150.  Then I made a Costco run and we won't even put that total in here.  AND THEN MONDAY AFTERNOON the AIR CONDITIONER WENT OUT!

Abby and Marc and I slept downstairs in the living room with a fan blowing on us in our 85 degree house.  Then I called the wrong air conditioning company (our old one) after finding the wrong document in the house maintenance file.  Then I called the right one this morning to find out our contract with them ran out LAST MONTH.  So I called the other back who was here at 8 a.m. and they had us fixed in 15 minutes at another $150.

When it rains, it storms!  Mercy.  But we have cool air and a fridge full of food!  And Don and B made their scheduled court appearance.  I am waiting to hear from them via email.  And I did get to take the kids to a free movie this morning.  Since it is now 98 degrees outside with a heat index of over 105, we'll be staying inside our nice 76 degree house today!  I feel some cool naps coming up in the forecast!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it is, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the free movies. I love actually going to the movie theater. We watch a lot of movie's at home, but I just love the movie theater experience. Keep the faith sister, you are doing great. We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!