Friday, September 04, 2009
As we come to a close on our 7 day walk of prayer for Abby, I want to thank you all again for your love and your encouragement and your steadfastness in praying for Abby. I also want to thank you for your love of the Lord and your trust in Him to hear your prayers.
I wanted to share some specific requests today. It's a "laundry list" prayer! I pray for God's will and the strength and faith to accept it but then I also offer my laundry list! So here is my laundry list for this week. I am tired. It's been a very hard two weeks and I am ready for some rest. Next week, I will have fun things to share! It's time to lighten things up a bit!
1. Abby's healing. This includes her having energy and not having any more seizures. And for her mind to opened to allow her to learn and process better.
2. Abby's heart as she deals with the frustrations that grow as her developmental delays increase the gap between her and her peers with each passing day.
3. For a friend. I was heart broken to see her walking the loop at school by herself as her classmates were all in little groups. I stood by my car, after having lunch with her, and just cried as she walked around and around by herself. I am "coaching" her on how to ask two girls specifically to sit by her at lunch and walk and play with her. She asked them yesterday and they said sure! She beamed as she told me she sat by them at lunch and walked the loop with them. Pray for those little relationships to grow and to be protected.
4. For protection from dark spirits who wish to harm her. For protection from dark spirits who want to harm us as her parents and hurt our family.
5. For our guidance as we struggle with decisions that affect her health and her quality of life.
6. For her doctors to be touched by the hand of God and given wisdom in how to best help her.
7. For her to grow in her knowledge and understanding that she is in the hands of her precious and loving creator and that He has a plan for her and loves her with depth she can never truly grasp.
8. For friends to come along side us and encourage, support, and love us as we continue to walk this journey with her.
9. For God to work mighty in this speech therapy issue.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU is just not enough... but THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU. Have a great weekend.