Thursday, June 11, 2009

So in Love

I am amazed at how I fall more and more in love with this little guy each day. It actually is starting to hurt my heart! (In a good way.)

We have been so busy having fun... NOTHING has gotten done at the new house. Oh well. Priorities are in place!

Derrick and his girl friend, Ryan, left yesterday. It was so nice to have them here. Hopefully they will be coming back in the fall. Hint... hint!

We have spent a lot of time at the pool lately. It is SO NICE having it here in the neighborhood. Marc is a water baby and fits right in with this water loving family. It's great that Abby can touch now and actually swim... making it much easier to have one on the steps and in the baby pool. He is so brave too. He learned how to take a breath and then would fall forward into the water. Amazing. I may see about getting him swim lessons in July.


Abby is swimming like a fish this year! Her swim lessons last year were really the best ones she has had and this year she has just taken off! Sometimes she stays under water too long and comes up gasping for air! This makes mommy very nervous.

We have also been meeting new friends. Our very good friends, the Straders, have a little one just a little over a month younger than Marc and of course Quinn and Abby are big buds... so we are looking forward to many future play dates. They came over today for a "swim" in the kiddy pool and some lunch. The boys just kinda check each other out right now... pretty cute. Today they passed a spoon back and forth... big time!

We remain so very thankful as Marc continues to progress and bloom. He is already babbling words, stands often and sometimes takes about two steps before sitting back down, and gets more and more precious. Abby is growing in her "sharing Mommy" ability and we have good and bad moments. Dusty is a bit jealous too... but has found a comfy place at my feet each time I rock Marc to sleep.


He also really likes to hang out by Marc's chair at meal time... hmmmm... I wonder!?


I have a sitter coming tomorrow and hope to get some things done around here. But we will just take it one day at a time... and continue Praising our Lord from whom all blessing flow!


2 comments:

  1. dawn, your posts warm my heart. I can't wait to see you again soon and meet sweet little Marc. He and Preston aren't too far apart in age! I bet they'd be good buds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc is so precious! I'm so happy for you all. I can not believe that Derrick is that old, how depressing, I remember the little boy.

    Love,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!