Thursday, March 06, 2008


My Latest and Greatest

Wow. I have had a day today. It is the second day in a row in the past two weeks that I am feeling better, actually good. That is a blessing and I am very thankful... Thank you God.

In honor of my cousin, Teecy, who has blogged a "day in the life" I am sharing my day today. She and her friends are doing this on their blogs and so Teece... this day was for you!

5 a.m. Awake to an all too familiar sound of Abby awaking for the day and wanting to get up.

5:30 a.m. Plead with Abby to stay in bed another hour and "Let mommy sleep."

6:30 a.m. Get phone call from my precious husband to rise and shine, as he is already on the road for his trip.

6:40 a.m. Get up and start Abby's morning routine for getting ready for school.

7:30 a.m. Grab Abby's jacket and announce it is time to go. Abby replies, " I need to go .... doo doo." Of course... "Go, go, go... please hurry, I don't want you to be late," I answer. I hear the toilet flush first, Abby needs a fresh bowl, and then nothing.... nothing... nothing. "Abby, what are you doing in there?" I ask. She opens the door and looks out and says, "I want to go potty in my bathroom." "No, you are in this bathroom, I don't have time for these games, just go to the bathroom ABBY," replies the now anxious mommy! She closes the door... and still... nothing.
After several more moments of nothing, I march over to the door, open it, and find her standing there in front of the toilet with her pants around her ankles and in her socks. "Mommy, there is water on the floor," she says with a little cautious smile. I look down and there is water and THEN SOME all over the floor and she is standing in the middle of it in her socks. If you know me well, you know I HATE toilets and think they really should be back out in the yard as in "olden times". This is my worst nightmare of toilet drama.

7:45 a.m. Pull Abby out of the mess, drop her in the kitchen, remove her clothing from the waste down and carry it to washer. Wash her feet with anti-bacterial wipes and send her to HER bathroom. Clean kitchen floor, CLOSE bathroom door for later, redress Abby and walk out the door.

7:50 a.m. Find the wind shield of the car iced over... yes... again, of course. Remind myself that God's timing is sovereign, scrape windshield and get out the driveway.

8:00 a.m. Return home to deal with the war zone of poop. I will spare you these details... although they are almost as comical as the events thus far!

8:15 a.m. Scrub my skin off in the shower and wash my hands for the 5th time.

8:45 a.m. Go down stairs to work on price list for jewelry client and find one of Abby's pull ups (dry one thankfully) ripped to shreds all over the sun room floor with the guilt party standing by with his head between his legs.

8:48 a.m. Scold dog, yell at dog, make mental note he will be up all night with diarrhea, and vacuum up the new mess.

9:00 a.m. Work on price sheet and presentation for Georgia Jewels client.

9:45 a.m. Leave for appointment, call mom for prayers, stop by Staples to buy tags.

10:20 a.m. Arrive at clients store and make the biggest sale I have had yet! I just love her. I was so excited with my new concept for my Spring line. I have a "Casual Collection" line with glass and metals and then a "Semi-Precious" line with the stones and sterling pieces. She bought the entire collection and asked for more! Thank you God. I lay this before you and you bless me time and time again. I just adore the relationship I have with Amy too... she is one of my biggest fans and I am so thankful to know her! (The picture was taken in her office and so the lighting is awful but it's a glimpse)

11:20 a.m. Head back to PTC to pick Abby up for school and call my friends to share my excitement!

NOON Pick Abby up from school and take her to McDonald's for lunch. She has chicken, apples and apple juice and I have the Asian salad and water. She plays on the play set, I watch Brett cry his eyes out as he retires (broke my heart) on the tv there and then see the story about Hannah Polin. My mouth drops to see she has mitochondrial disease and I am struck with thought.

2 p.m. Drop Abby off at Brain Balance. This is going so well! I am so excited about the changes we are seeing in her. PRAISE GOD and thank you so much!

2:10 p.m. Head to the bookstore for a moment of down time and to gather numbers of newspapers.

2:50 p.m. Go back to pick up Abby and start calling reporters to tell them Abby's story.

3:00 p.m. Go to friends house to drop of jewelry to be given to a woman who has lost everything in a house fire. Angie is a Cabi consultant and she gathered clothes from "gals", as she says, from all over the country to give this woman. I was honored she asked me to donate some jewelry. You go girl!

3:30 p.m. Pull over on the side of the road to continue a FASCINATING conversation with a reporter. He is very interested in Abby's story and we've schedule an interview for tomorrow. I am excited out of my mind and will have to share more later on this.

4:30 p.m. Come home, have a coffee with my husband and start blogging. We are having dinner tonight at our favorite local restaurant, Thai Spice. We love to have "family night out".

OK... so there it is so far. Hope you enjoyed a small glimpse into a "Day in the life" of this mommy!

Love to you all.... Dawn

1 comment:

  1. hey, i'm just catching up on your blog and glad to see "a day in the life."
    sorry it was so poopy, but those days make for good stories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!