Wednesday, March 12, 2008


God Glorified.... Only in the South...


How fortunate we are to live in the South where God is more freely spoken of than many parts of this country. As I mentioned before, I have really been convicted lately to share the stories of the major things God has done in my/our life/lives. I have received some major confirmation for this and feel it is what God wants me to do.

So with the help of a very wonderful reporter at our local newspaper, Ben Nelms at the Citizen, God has been glorified and praised openly for what He has done in Abby's life. You can read his powerful and God-filled article at http://www.thecitizen.com/node/26362 . When I read it online last night, I was so overwhelmed at the boldness and extent Ben spoke of God in all of this. I had told him I wanted it to be the largest theme in the story and I feel he delivered past my expectations.
For those of you who really know us, I told Ben that we felt the vaccines Abby received caused the onset of her initial downward spiral. I didn't mention the additive that was in the vaccines at the time because we never researched that... we were so busy in trying to manage and figure out what was going on... we just stop immunizing her. So anyway, he is going to have a clarification added to the website article about that.
God never promises us a bed of roses... hey that's a song. But the promise He gives us over and over is that He will never leave us and that He will walk with us and that He will carry our burden and that He has already won the battle... just trust in Him... and that He is soveriegn and that ALL THINGS... not some, or many, or most... ALL THINGS come together for GOOD for those who love the Lord. "Good" does not always mean healing, it doesn't mean that we will get our way or what we want or even pray for... it means "good" in the overall and eternal picture. It means "good" as in the fact that God brings beauty from ashes and can be glorified even in the darkest of times... HE IS THERE... that is "good" in itself. "Knowing" God in those times is also "good".

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I just read the article and it is wonderful. I'm so glad you did that! Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to put a little blip about it on my blog so others can read and be encouraged too!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!