Monday, March 17, 2008


Horton Hears A Who
We have been working like mad hatters this past week to get our house ready to put on the market. I have decluttered closets like never before. I am proud of my husband for following suit in his closet, although he has no clothes left!
So yesterday was a "Girl's Day" for Abby and I and we went to see "Horton Hears A Who". It was wonderful. It always delights me to go to the movies with Abby. The theatre is a bustle with little voices whispering, "Is it starting yet mommy?" and "There he is! There's Horton!". The excitement of so many little ones is just adorable. To see little boys walking hand in hand with their daddy's just brings a smile to my heart!
The movie was wonderful in every sense of the word. It was truly a classic (to be) children's movie without the raw "adult" humor permeating every other line. The color was fabulous, the characters were very lovable, and the story was precious. It will be a purchase when it comes to dvd. As we walked out of the theatre, Abby said, "Thank you mommy for the movie... can I have it for my birthday?" Yes, you can little one! I can't tell you how many movies have been put in the thrift store box after being purchased and I did call Wal-Mart back to give them a head's up on my return of "Hunchback of Nortre Dame". Mercy, that movie was so dark and full of evil and sexuality.
OK. On to other things... our house has never looked better! After watching the market for a couple of years, getting numerous estimates on projects for this one, and the twists of life... we have decided not to keep pouring money into this one and to move and simplify. I am excited and nervous at the same time. We live in a wonderful neighborhood and since we have lived on two streets of the neighborhood, we know at least a fifth of the people in it! There is a mix of new families and people who have been here since the beginning. It's also in a great location and we can get anywhere on our golf cart.
Having said that, we have lived in fixer uppers and older homes for a while now and we are looking forward to a change. We are in the contract back and forths on a three year old house that we both love. It's not the best time to sell by any means, but it is a good time to buy. So we are hoping they will balance each other out ok and that God will continue to lead us on this path. We are going to counter a counter offer tonight and hopefully we'll know by tomorrow night if we get the house! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!