Friday, March 07, 2008




A call for my prayer warriors

I got some not so great news today from my chiropractor. The additional x-rays they took appear to confirm a condition they were hoping to rule out called unstable spine. Basically, on top of two of my vertebrae degenerating and two bone spurs... I have three vertebrae that move out of spinal alignment when I move my neck.

What that means is pain... knew that already... and things getting pinched and pulled and aggravated... which leads to swelling and headaches and such. But what it also means is that any sudden movement, jerk, or ect... could be very dangerous... including damaging the spinal cord and leading to things such as paralysis.

So... my MRI is scheduled for March 14. Until then, I can not have my neck adjusted anymore, have to be very low in activity, and wear a neck brace during activities that could involve sudden movement of my neck. Icing is also helping the swelling and is relieving some of that pain. I also revamped my bed with a 2 inch nova foam topper and got a nice pillow and so I am sleeping better and able to remain on my back.

If the MRI confirms what these x-rays are suggesting, I may need surgery to have pins put into place to try and stabilize these three bones.

So, there is my "day in the life of" for this morning. :0)

I am relieved to have some explanation for the episodes and pain I have been having. But I am nervous and a little scared about what is ahead. BUT, my God is good and sovereign and has shown me time and time and TIME again that HE can move mountains, heal the sick, bring children back from the clutches of darkness and I KNOW He will deliver me through this. I praise HIM for what He has shown me in my life to strengthen my faith. It is this knowledge and hope that comforts and strengthens me now. How THANKFUL I am to have Him as my father, friend, savior, healer, and refuge!

Please pray I can remain focused on these truths and have strength to endure the next few miles on this road ahead. Please also pray for wisdom for the doctors involved and clear guidance in what can and should be done.

Thank you so very much for your faithfulness in praying for my family. Thank you for your friendships and for your trust in the Lord. Much love... Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!