Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Smiles in the storm...

It's a picture like this that helps get me through a trying time.

Here we are, in the middle of a struggle with Abbers... and yet, we can still have a beautiful day like this.
We were so blessed to go to the GA game this past Saturday and share it with some wonderful friends!

Our friends in this picture, Ann and Greg, are two of the most generous and amazing hearts I know!  Just seeing Ann's smile (and her mother's) makes me light up from the inside! :0)  And her husband is one of my mission heroes!  He has an amazing heart and he has spunk!  And of course, I love spunk when it is spunking for the kingdom!  :0)

The weather was amazing and we were GIVEN three tickets by a stranger that we then were so blessed to give to one other couple (who had never been to a game) and to another guy who needed one!  It is so fun to GIVE!!!!!

Then we found amazing tickets for less than face value.  It was a blowout game but it was still fun to be there!  I felt so badly for the other team and so I cheered for them a little and was so glad when they scored again! :0)

Abby was bored to frowns! :0(  I should have packed her some activities... lesson learned.  But Taylor got into it!

The day after this picture was taken, Abby had another hard and long seizure.  My heart sank and cried.  It is so very hard to watch her face squinch up, to see her drool, and to see her jerk and choke.  I ride such a roller coaster of emotions as I watch her in those moments.  Anger (at the enemy).  Frustration (at the situation).  Sadness (for her little body and mind).  Anxiety (at the thought we are just missing something).  Desperation (for the healing of Christ).  Determination (to not give up).  Exhaustion (that we are here again).  Sorrow (that I can't seem to help her).  Hope (that God will heal her).

And then I saw this picture again.  And saw her smile.  And I feel, deep down, she will be just fine, despite these horrible attacks.

"Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.  Then you will call the LORD will answer; you will cry for help and He will say: Here am I."  Isaiah 58:8,9~

"But now, this is what the LORD says- He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel:
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."  Isaiah 43:1-3~

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us- to Him be the glory in the church and in Jesus Christ throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20, 21~ 


1 comment:

  1. As soon as I read the title of your post and knowing what is going on, I immediately thought of this song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubzp6HAXMkk&feature=fvsr

    I love you, friend. I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!