Thursday, February 03, 2011

Hey... Hey... it's my Birthday!



Today is my birthday and I am 37 going on 90!  Well, that's the joke... that I am turning 90 since my body has been falling apart!  But I am 37 years old today.

I am so amazed and so thankful when I look at me life.  It's not perfect... and it's not always easy... but God's handprints are all over it and I am so humble and thankful for His presence in my life.

In years past, I have always spent time wondering what I wanted for my birthday or what I was going to get.

I know more now, than ever before, that the best gift is being with the ones you love and who love you.  And THE ONE who loves you.

My morning started with my husband getting up with the girls to take them to school.  Then they gave me cards and beautiful flowers before they left. Lastly I spent the rest of the morning with my girls in moms group (where my husband had sent a cake to share with everyone to surprise me!).  It was a wonderful place to be.

While all this was going on, my facebook has been flooded with birthday wishes, texts have been sent to me, phone calls made to me, a gift left on my porch and cards in the mail.  I am feeling the love. :0)

Marc has the flu, it's way cold and raining outside, and my rib is still trying to poke through my chest wall... but it is a very blessed and wonderful birthday, so far, filled with much love.  There is no better gift!

I am so thankful.  I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're having a great birthday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!