Thursday, September 30, 2010

Appreciation and Application of the Mystery

One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is Ephesians 3.  The entire chapter speaks VOLUMES to our christian life and walk today.  I have loved it before, or parts of it, I should say.  But it has recently and continues to take on new life for me.  Each time I study it, God shows me more.  I love that.  I have become addicted to it.  I can't get enough of it.  And it is changing me.

Last week, God brought four people to me to "love on" for him.  This scripture was the center of it all. 

I am humbled that in the past two weeks alone... there have been at least 5 comments about the light in me.  I am humbled because it is not me.  I am humbled because it is seen.  I am humbled because I am simply a vessel and it is the love of the Lord flowing out of me.  I am humbled because it has not always been seen.  I am humbled because I can see it in the mirror.  I am humbled because it builds my very faith and belief in the one giving it... my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am humbled because it resides inside every believer.

I am moved to share this scripture and there is no way I can cover all of it in one post.  So my next several posts will be focused on this scripture.

Ephesians 3  
The Mystery Revealed
1) "For this reason, I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles--- If indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the Gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power."

Purpose of the Mystery
8) "To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, from which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Christ Jesus; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.  Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory." 

Appreciation of the Mystery 
14) "For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints, what is the width and length and depth and height--- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 

Praise and Glory Be to God!
20) "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen"

My desire is to share what God has shown me about this mystery and the fullness of God in it.  I am by no means an expert.  I am by no means a biblical scholar!  I am by no means doing anything but sharing what God has shown me.  Why?  Because it is changing my life.  Why?  Because God keeps moving people to reach out to me for it.  Why?  Because this blog is a place where I can glorify Him and share my "God Stories".  Why?  Because over and over and over and over... you email me, facebook me, call me, text me, or handwrite me about how you see God here, that He has spoken to you, that you have been encouraged or inspired by His truth.  This has become more important to me than sharing how I cut a shower curtain in half to make a curtain! :0)  Now that has benefit too!  But this, God, His power and His love, has become my all consuming focus.

I encourage you to read Ephesians 3 on your own.  Read a sentence and look between the commas.  Ask God what that section means... then listen.  Then read it again.  The write it down.  We are going to take a journey... and I promise... it will be full and you will see Him.  Thank you for sharing it with me.

POST EDIT:  I want to clarify a few things.  1.) Anything I mention in this post and the posts to follow is not to be prideful or boastful at all.  When I share that people are lately commenting on a glow in my face... and that I am humbled to see it... that is for the glory of God... for it is only Him that is being seen!  And it is for the benefit of offering encouragment and assurance that the same glow is inside of you (if you didn't know).  I am sharing it in the context written because the ones who comment to me about it seem not to know they too contain it and it is my heart to get that out there.  It's like someone constantly telling me how much they love my lipstick and me telling them they too can have the same shade of lipstick, what it's called and where to get it!  2.) I am in no means suggesting that I have it all figured out and am any better than anyone else.  This is like coming across the biggest "Buy one get 500 free" sale and wanting to tell everyone I know about it... no, it's better than that!  I am far from perfect and I am far from knowing it all.  3.) I know this kind of post may not be for everyone.  But I do know that people are "asking me for it" and the Lord is leading me to share it... in obedience and against "fear of man" and "lies from the enemy"... if it benefits ONE... then God has touched ONE more!  If every "ONE more" was obedient to share with ONE MORE... this world would be in a much better state than it is.

As many places and in as many ways that the enemy bombards and attacks us with distraction, doubt, and lies... it is important to have many places and ways to share God's truth.  It is more important than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!