Friday, October 31, 2008


Prayers Please

We are waiting. It is VERY hard to do. There is a little girl that needs a home and we have had our home study sent in to be considered. She is four and will be five next month.

It is so hard to be at some one's mercy. When I was emailing our adoption "helper" this morning, I told her it was hard to be at people's mercy. As I typed it, I realized that we are not really at the mercy of her calling at the right time, or being persistent, or the social worker reading our home study and picking us (amidst a PILE she has surely received), we are really at God's mercy... and that, too, is so very hard sometimes.

So we ask for prayers. Even though God knows whether or not this is the child He wants to join our family, He wants and longs and responds to our prayers... in every matter of our lives. And so I pray to Him today and ask you to do the same. If it be His will, bring her to us and let us love her. If it is not His will, give us comfort and peace in our disappointment.

I HOPE so much she is the one. Of course, I have only seen a small picture along with a small write up... but she looks adorable and there is a little sparkle in her eyes and sweet joy in her smile. It will be a long day... and if we hear nothing today... it will be a long weekend!

*Post Note: Nothing. We heard nothing. Nothing is so hard. But I DO get to raid my daughter's pumpkin soon and can soothe myself with a wee bit of chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!