Wednesday, July 09, 2008


One of the best books ever...

"An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself fully as if there were no others." --- A. W. Tozer from The Shack

I love to read. I love a book that I can't put down. I love a book that haunts me, calls me back, and leaves me wanting to reread it again. I love a book that changes me.

The Shack is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. Young is a brilliant writer and I can't help to think the Holy Spirit itself has left fingerprints on this piece.

The way Young personifies the Trinity is so intimately personal and real... just as they are. The way he describes certain scenes is almost like getting a glimpse of heaven... or having your "eyes touched and healed" for just a moment.

I devoured it in two days and now I am going back to reread it. There are parts I am going back to to savour and pray about. I am also making my list of people to send it to as a gift. So I say to you... READ IT, READ IT, READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!