Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Barbie Makeovers!

My, my, my... these girls needed help! I do not promote bleach blonde ideals and so I am surprised it took me this long to give these girls a whack!

Abby actually came to me this morning and asked me to give one of them a hair cut. I happily agreed that this was a good idea and she went and got the rest! So, while she napped (didn't want her to watch and become scissor happy) the girls went to the spa. The funny thing is... I loved it. I may have just found another hobby... Barbie Spa. You can drop your Barbie off and run errands and when you return... she will be all hip and modern... no Pam Anderson wanna be around here!


I found myself looking at the way their hair was connected and coming up with their style. Then they all three had to be different. I knew I wanted one super short and so I did her second. She's my favorite, of course, and I chose the one with little pearl earrings so they would show up! Yeah...seriously... and then I gave the third one layers. I thought about bangs but the way it comes out of their head is pretty much straight up so I thought that would be a nightmare!
So she got some wispy long bangs that kinda fly out on the sides! (laughing hysterically)

So it is very clear to see that I had way too much fun playing the Barbies while Abby napped. She came downstairs just now and is thrilled with their hair. She's looking for others for me to cut! You will notice that the Barbies are naked. That is because most six year olds can only undress them and can't bend them enough to get the tiny clothes back on them! This is one of the reasons I loved the magnetic polly pocket clothes than then in turn made children ill and even die when they ate them... mercy. We are cursed with dolls that can't be dressed. So... I decided that they needed to have a photo of themselves dressed... for all our sakes as well... and so here they are... the three Barbies with their new looks!

Call me for an appointment... space limited!



1 comment:

  1. this is absolutely hilarious!!!! I must say I started wondering about their clothing... thanks for the final pic!! you had way too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!