Monday, September 03, 2007


Wow... It's been a while!

It seems like forever since I have blogged... I think I have forgotten how! All my time on the computer has gone to etsy! More on that later.

Abby started school three weeks ago. She is repeating kindergarten and was blessed to have the same teacher again. She is already moving forward and it is so encouraging for us.
She is still having seizures. She just had a 24 hour EEG this past week, and we have two neurologists looking at it and giving us interpretations. We are hoping for some new insight that will lead us to a way to stop these last seizures.
Speaking of neurologists, I had a health scare a couple weeks ago. We were eatting dinner out and basically, half my body went numb and was followed by muscle spasms. It was a long couple weeks as we underwent MRI's and scans and tests. Once the tests for MS came back negative... we all had a huge sigh of relief. Going to the chiropractor turned out to be the best thing for the moment. I had some swelling in the muscles at the base of my skull that attach to vertebrae that affect nerves running down my shoulders and into my arms. With the swelling, came the pinched nerve that made my arms and back go numb... bringing about a panic attack that jolted me into muscle spasms and spinning sensations. Mercy... festive... always... never a dull moment. SO... I am better and have the final bloodwork this week. Once several more things are ruled out... we can move on.
On to better things... etsy is a fabulous thing right now. I had one of the best months last month that I have ever had with three jewelry classes, a sale to a store and the website. I have been featured on three treasury lists and have had my first international customer from England! God is good. I always remain in prayer for God to lead my business and guide what I do. I have just been asked to teach a bracelet class at a women's shelter for victims of domestic violence. How wonderful is that! I am blown away that God has given me the opportunity to serve in that capacity and use my talent as a way to share His love! Very cool.
Ummmm... our adoption process is on hold. We were not feeling peace and I was really torn about the whole thing. We remained prayerful about it and I finally shared my honest feelings with Don. After doing so, the door to adopt from Kazakhstan was closed, our homestudy agency shut it's doors, and the woman we were working with at the adoption agency retired and left... all in a few weeks time. It was so crazy... so GOD. SOOOO... we are waiting for a 12 to 24 month old girl to arrive on our door step! Ha... We are back on our knees and just waiting. Waiting for guidance and for peace and for answers. So we'll keep you posted.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and love for Abby and for your emails and love and friendship. We love you all and I will try hard to not be gone so long again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!