Tuesday, July 17, 2012


A Wedding, A Comment, and a Nomination



We have been in Virginia to celebrate the marriage of my brother, Derrick, to his lovely bride, Ryan.  It was such a wonderful time.  The weather was super perfect (outdoor wedding in July in VA can be awful and yet... the weather was overcast, high 80's, and then the sun appeared just about an hour before the ceremony!) and the company was perfect.  We road tripped it with 7 in the mini-van and THAT even went wonderfully.


The pictures I took were limited as I was seated on the front row... but this one is my favorite of the ceremony... the smile... when he first caught sight of Ryan.  Precious.  It was totally precious.


The weekend was blessed in so many ways.  We got to share it with Evelina, Taylor's half sister from Latvia.  She had never been to a wedding before and it was really sweet to share it with her.  She and Taylor were getting "ready" for it over three hours before it started.  They were doing each others hair and nails and being girls.  It was such a sweet memory.  Evelina lives in Latvia with her dad.  He is not Taylor's birth father.  So she has a family and is here to stay for five weeks just for the experience. (Several people have asked if we are trying/wanting to adopt her)  They have not had five weeks together since they were separated when Taylor was five years old.  This is a very special time for them and for us.  

Another thing that made it so special was my dad, two brothers and I being together.  It is not too often that we are all able to be together in one place and it was so wonderful to all be together in such a joyous occasion and having so much fun.  I felt like a kid again!


And yet another thing that made it so special... ALL my men being there... my two dads and my husband.


As I watched them all talk and laugh with each other... I felt healing... I felt whole.  All the men in my life whom I love and who love me... together... and having a good time... it was a gift.  And I will treasure it for a long long time.

My sister was there from Vegas and I have not seen her in such a long time.  She and Abby have a special connection and yet again... so blessed to see them together and to get to see her and love her and laugh with her.  Speaking of laughing...

One of my favorite things to do with my mom is laugh...

And of course we did plenty of that!  When we laugh, I feel joy... real joy.  And loved.  She makes me feel loved. (Our blue tongues were from the cake!)


And I can't not mention Brazie...

My youngest brother... whom I love... a lot.  It was great to have him there.  IT WAS GREAT TO HAVE EVERYONE THERE!


Welcome to the family Ryan!  I know you don't want a lot of attention but I am so glad you are my sister now and I love the way you love Derrick.  I love the two of you together.  And I pray many, many, many years of blessings and favor upon you both!  Hugs.

OK... MOVING ON... A COMMENT ABOUT COMMENTS!

I have struggled with the whole comment thing for a long time.  I didn't want to struggle with it, I didn't want to care, it bugged me I cared, and no matter how much I didn't want to care, I still did.  HONESTY ALERT: I would find myself so frustrated when I would post something important... whether about orphans or the LORD or life and... silence.  Nothing.  I would see that over 140 people had viewed the post and yet there was nothing.  But I could post about a hair cut or decorating my mantle and get 10+.  So I did a lot of inward contemplating and wondering and soul searching and came up with this... turn the comments off and then there is no issue.  So I did.  And it has been wonderful.  I never wonder anymore about why no one has anything to say about something amazing, heartbreaking, inspiring, or thought provoking. It has given me so much freedom.  And so... it will remain this way until I feel otherwise!  LOL  And I do apologize to my sweetest and most frequent commenter, Candi, also my cousin.  But Candi, you can leave your comments on face book anytime!  :0)

AND SPEAKING OF CANDI...

She so sweetly has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award!


This award is given to up & coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Liebster is German and means sweetest, kind, lovely, endearing, and welcome. So so sweet.  There is a list of things I have to do and I have to pass it on and so I plan to try and get to it later this week!

Thank you sweet Candi, for thinking of me, always leaving sweet comments of encouragement and friendship/love, and being my biggest blog fan! :0) 

Much love to you... Happy Tuesday!