Saturday, June 16, 2012


Father's Day Weekend

Man, this day crept up on me.  June is FLYING by and I thought I had another week but NOPE... the calendar does not lie!  HA HA

As a mother, wife, and daughter... Father's Day is pretty deep.  There is the whole aspect of my Father's (and I have two) and then there is my husband.  I will start with him.

He is such a good father to our children.  It humbles me.  Smacks me sometimes.  He is so patient, giving, thoughtful, and loving.  He has embraced being a father and it looks good on him. 

He spends time with his children.  He is strong and loves the Lord and THAT is what I want my girls to see in a man.  He places his family above work and above himself.  THAT is what I want my girls to see and love about their father.  He talks to them.  Asks them questions about their likes and dreams.  He rubs Taylor's feet.  He plays Wii with them.  He rides bikes with them.  He goes to the creek with them.  He plans family vacations for them (us).  He attends their school events.  He taught Abby how to ride a bike.  He is teaching Marc how to hit and catch a ball.  He prays for them.  He prays with them.  He worships with them.  He leads them.  He disciplines them and he loves them.  And he loves their mother.



He is a good man.  A really good man. They feel his love, are secure in his love and they love him.  And THAT will bless all of our children for the rest of their lives.


My precious husband has a precious daughter, whom I love and admire, sweet Jennifer.  There was a time when he wasn't there as a father for her.  It breaks his heart.  And that breaks mine.  God is so generous in how He can grow us, change us, transform us.  Don would do anything to go back and be who he is now to her.  But he can't.  All he can do is be her father now.  And he is.  And she, being the beautiful daughter of the King that she is, has forgiven him and embraced him and their relationship today makes my heart happy.  It is sweet and beautiful.  Just like both of them.  And now she has two children who get to know his love as well.  We just saw them this weekend and sweet little Hannah would come over and turn around to sit in her Poppie's lap.  Precious.  Precious... the way she would look at him.  Love.  Redemption.   Just like what we are offered from our heavenly Father.

Happy Father's Day Honey.  You amaze me with your love.  You inspire me with your love.  Your love is a beautiful strength that binds us all together.  I love you so much. xoxoxoxoxo


Life can be messy.  It is full of pain, twists, turns.  It is full of floods and lion's dens and gardens of Eden.  But God is the same as He was yesterday and He often brings beauty up out of ashes.  That is what leads me to having two dad's.


This is my dad, Danny.  My life as a child was, well, complicated.  My parents divorced when I was 10 and long story short, it was not great.  My dad was not really there for me.  Our relationship changed when Don and I adopted Abby.  I really forgave him and wanted my child to know her grandfather.  I reached out and healing began to take place.  The relationship we have now blesses me and my family so much.  God has brought so much joy into our lives and neither one of us take our relationship for granted.  The moments we have had together now make up for all the ones lost, a hundred times over.  He loves me and God has transformed him as well.  Just seeing him full of the joy of the LORD makes my heart soar.  He comes and visits our family almost every month.  We love having him here.  And my children love being with him.  He makes them laugh and they just jump and scream for joy when he comes.  That makes my heart smile deeply.  God is so precious and generous in the love that comes from healing.  Thank you LORD.  And I love you dad.  Happy Father's Day.


This is my dad, Dave.  I loved him from the moment I met him.  I knew he was a good guy!  When he married my mom, he took me and my brothers under his wing just as his own.  He never made me feel anything less than his daughter.  He loved me.  He talked to me.  He taught me.  He consoled me.  He counseled me.  He encouraged me.  And he was always there.  His love came when I needed it most.  His love is constant and true.  My children love him deeply and that also warms my soul.  He makes us laugh.  He loves the Lord.  And he loves his family.  He blesses us all so much.  And I am so blessed to have him in my life.  And I will never take him for granted.  Thank you Lord, for the love you have poured out to me through my dad.  I love you dad.  Haggy Fatner's Day. (inside joke)

This Father's Day, I will be very saturated in the Father's love as I remember and celebrate these men.  His hand is on each of them.  His love comes to us through all of them.  Men are so very important in the family.  Mother's can get so much of the hoopla... but men... good men... are a major part of the foundation.  And when a man's eyes are on the Lord, his family will reap many blessings.

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the paths of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.  He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper."  Psalm 1:1-3~

I love all of you... so very much.  Happy Father's Day.  :0)
Love, Dawn