Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Adventure of Today

"Give yourself fully to the adventure of today.  Walk boldly along the path of life, relying on your ever-present Companion.  You have every reason to be confident, because My Presence accompanies you all the days of your life-- and onward into eternity."  Jesus Calling

Why can't I keep myself wrapped in the confidence of Christ's Presence and give myself fully to the adventure of today?  Control is the first word that comes to my mind.  I want control.  I want to control situations.  I want to control people.  I want to control the future.  I want to control my life. And when life hits with both barrels, as it so often does, I feel out of control and anxiety and stress come on me like white on rice!

There is such a fine balance with life.  It seems so hard to find it and yet Christ makes it sound so simple.  Trying to balance being a child advocate, being involved in church, helping others, loving and guiding my children, having enough time for my husband, keeping the house in order, making and keeping all the needed appointments for the family and myself, running the errands, attempting to nurture friendships AND time with the Lord can just be overwhelming.

One task a time is where I try to keep my mind.  One task at a time, one day at a time, and boundaries. 

So that is my main task today... giving myself fully to the adventure.  And relying on the ONE who can allow me to do that if I can fully surrender.

Pray you have a blessed and adventurous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!