Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Savior is Crucified

Today is the 14th of Nisan, it is the day our Savior was nailed to a cross and killed in a way that Hollywood can not even capture.  I was just reading Mark's account about how the Roman soldiers were mocking Him beforehand, after He had been whipped and His flesh ripped apart.  My heart hurts.

My heart hurts even more because the majority, the largest amount of Christians, are going through their day and have no idea... that today is the day.  I wonder what is going on in the heavens today.  I wonder what the Father is feeling today.  I wonder what the Savior is feeling today.  I wonder if the angels are singing something special... if the three hours of darkness that came before Christ's death is observed in heaven.

Tonight we will read accounts of this day from the Bible to our children.  We will talk about it and pray.  We will share a nice meal together and then start our family gratitude journal after dinner.  We each will write down five things we are thankful for.  The first entry in our book will be, "Our Savior's sacrifice."

I am so thankful for God's love, a love I can not yet fully grasp... for the life, death, and resurrection of His Son... for the sweet, sweet and powerful gift of the Holy Spirit, for the beauty and wisdom of the written word... and for the hunger and desire I feel for Him.

Be blessed.

"By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.  Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And He made intercession for the transgressors."  Isaiah 53:11,12~

"After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!"  Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit."  John 19:28-30~ 

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."  Isaiah 53:5,6~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!