Thursday, May 03, 2007


I never tire of seeing this precious, from the toes, smile and hearing the sweet giggle and laugh that accompanies it! It evokes such pure joy in my heart... like a sweet drug!

Anyway... this precious one is fighting this week. She was bitten by a spider last week and the site continues to get worse and worse each day. She showed it to us Tuesday night and it looked like a scratch... yet with two perfect side by side holes. So the next day it was slightly red. By Thursday, it appeared a tad puffy and a wee bit crusty. After a call to my precious nurse friend Alethea, I felt "ok" about it but Don and I ended up taking her to the ER that night. They verified it was not from either of the roughest spiders, recluse and widow, and she'd be fine with some steroid cream. Well, Sunday it was even worse. So we had a doctor at church look at it and he said the same as the ER and so we sucked up our "over anxious" parenting and kept applying steroid and neosporin. WELL... yesterday, it was EVEN worse and it had a white ring around it (alert to mommy of badness involved) and so we are off to the doctor again today.
On the way to school this morning, she said, "Ughhh, I don't want this spider bite on my leg anymore." I responded that I was sorry and asked her if it was hurting her. "Yes, very badly" she responded and my heart broke. She NEVER verbally complains about pain. I reassured her I was coming back to get her from school and taking her to the doctor today and she simply replied... "Well, I don't want another one." LOVE HER CRAZY!
She is also just going to town with her seizures. She's had 6 in the past week. Yet, the last three are like half seizures. Her body lies still and doesn't jerk but her face distorts and she does her seizure breathing. Our HOPE and PRAYER is that this "half" seizure means we are so close to stopping them... we'll see. We increased her morning dose this morning and will also stopy by the hospital to get blood work done this afternoon. LOVE HER CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!