Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Change is in the air

I love, love, love this time of year.  There is something so dramatic about the transition to Fall.  It lures me in with excitement and anticipation year after year after year.  It never gets old.  It is never the same.  And it always blesses me in so many ways.

How beautiful that the transitions of seasons in weather mirror our own transitions in life.  How beautiful God knew we needed them.  And how beautiful that His creative handiwork is out full force with the arrival of Fall.

I love to "nest" this time of year.  Things go from fresh and bright to warm and cozy!  Fresh and bright is good but I am always ready for the arrival of warm and cozy.  They invite me to slow down, nestle deep in the covers, and slide into layers of clothing.  They suggest I sit outside by the fire and roast marshmellows.  And I happily take them up on their suggestion.  They boast about their leafy friends who dance in the air and ride the wings of the wind.  And that smell... that amazing smell that makes me want to be home... the smell of smoke findning it's way out of sleepy chimneys!

I saw this the other day and sighed... oh how I wish my entry looked as inviting as this place!
I have ideas... and I will be freshening my door wreath soon!


And I have plans for mason jars and candles... and candy corn with peanuts for snacking.
Praise Him.  Fall has almost arrived!  And I can't wait to breath her in!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!