Monday, July 04, 2011

Arrival...

We are here and are so thankful that all 22 checked bags arrived with us!!  Travel was Loooonnnngggggggg.  I left the house at 3:00 a.m. Saturday and we arrived around 9 p.m. Sunday night.  I was running on 3 hours of sleep.  Wow.  God's strength is the only thing that kept me on my feet!

Our team is amazing and everyone is doing well.  We just had breakfast and are getting ready to have devotion and a little presentation from one of the Hope Chest reps. 

There are so many things to say but my time online is very limited. The air here is different... it is lighter!  The people are super friendly.  There is dirt... dark red dirt...everywhere!  There is a smokiness in the air that is also everywhere.

We travel today to a town closer to the village we will be visiting each day.  We won't be there until tomorrow.
I am very anxious to be there! :0)

I send my love to my family and to my friends who are so faithful in their prayers for me and the team.  My second trial came this morning as I discovered my entire quart bag of medications I brought is gone.  There is one hope that it is on the bus. If not, there is a team member that has some extra malaria pills that I can use!  In addition, I will rely on the ONE who brought me here safely to keep me safe and bring me home safely.

To my chillies at home... I love you dearly and think of you often!  To my precious husband... I love you crazy!!

2 comments:

  1. love and miss you soooo much!!
    I'm glad to hear that you guys made it to Africa safely!! Things are going well here in Cambodia, lots of crazy spiritual warfare, but it's good!!
    Hoping and praying things are going amazing there!!
    Can't wait to read more of your updates and to see some of your pictures!
    LOVE YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you arrived safe and sound! I'm praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!