Saturday, July 07, 2007


Our Miracle Revisited

I was in a closet, going through things... getting ready for a yard sale, and there she was... my precious miracle in May of 2005. When I pulled the pictures out of the envelope, emotions overwhelmed me in an instant... took my breath away. Then when I saw the date, I was dazed to think this was just hardly over two years ago... Abby was four.

We had just started glyconutrition in late January of that year. Abby had spent months, lying on her back, unable to sit, stand, walk, or even hold her head up. She weighed just 23 pounds. She had an average of 20- 30 seizures a day. Her hands were curling in and I'd pry them open each day... making her hold blocks or small half pound weights. The paralysis on her right side affected her face when she smiled... but you could see her... all of her... in her eyes.
When this picture was taken, she was learning to feed herself again. She was learning to walk again. She was learning to talk again. She was learning everything again. We had just been seizure free a little over two months.
Several people tell me that they never saw Abby when she was so sick and can't comprehend her being less than she is. I feel, to not know the Abby in this picture, is not to know her.
Abby is a fighter... she has a spirit that blows me away. She is so driven... and determined. Just two years ago, she faced frustrations beyond belief to bring herself back from the depths of darkness. She is a bright light from the Lord himself. She has a spirit that lights up a room and fills your heart with the purest of joys.
She is a precious gift that God has given us to love and to care for, for Him. We have been challenged with parenting lately and it is amazing how God can show you something... to remind you of what's important. Here is my God sighting for the summer. A picture. A picture that speaks a thousand and one words. And a hope that can carry us through the most troubling storms. Our God is an awesome God.

2 comments:

  1. As I looked at this picture and read this blog, tears streamed down my face. Sometimes I forget how much that precious girl has been through, and what a gift from the Lord her health really is. So, I took a moment to thank Him once again. Thank you for sharing. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 AM

    i'm so thankful to have been with you guys during these dark days. Your right! Abby is so strong and beautiful!

    joel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!