Friday, February 02, 2007


Mercy
Each day takes us down a road we've been before. Abby's Topamax is increasing and she's been on two atavan a night... she is a wreck... putting it mildly. This morning she was walking into door frames and falling down. We get her from school at noon and feed her lunch at home and she is just a little wreck. The idea is to then have a nap but she refuses. Where she gets the energy from is beyond me. So after lying in bed with her and fighting with her for over an hour, I've decided to just get up. She then walks around the house from room to room just whinning and declaring what she does not like or want and just sobs. I have taken half of one of her atavan today and am hoping it will help the mommy.
My girlfriends gave me a birthday lunch today, my 33rd is tomorrow. It was nice, they are such dear gifts from God. Abby painted my nails... like them?
Even with the atavan, she's having about 10+- a night. She can't write her name anymore and is having trouble with speech. Hopefully when we get higher on the Topamax we can come off the atavan. Prayers are still desired and appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dawn!
    I am so sad to hear about Abby going through this again. We know that God gives us grace and mercy in our time of need (Heb. 4:16)and He will provide everything your family needs right now. I will be praying and checking the blog regularly for updates. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Your nails are beautiful! I am praying for you and your family. I hope the Doctors saw what they needed to, to help Abby get through this with as little pain as she can have. Stay strong and keep your faith. I am thinking about you guys everyday and checking the blog for updates. Take care.
    jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so saddened to hear about poor Abby and all that she has to deal with on a daily basis. My heart goes out to you and all that you must be feeling, none of which I can comprehend. Your family is continually in my thoughts. Stay strong and know that your family is here for you whatever or whenever you may need us.
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!