Monday, February 26, 2007


White as Snow...

I went home to Virginia during the week of the 5th. Don had finished upgrade training and was going to have a bit of time off before flying again. He asked me if I wanted to go "home" and rest and I took him up on it. It was very hard to leave Abby but I needed the mental rest desperately.
Just a day after I arrived, God sent a little welcoming present... a gentle, beautiful snow fall. I love snow. The softness of it as it falls, the peacefulness of it as it lies there... just lies there covering everything beneath it, and the delight it quietly offers... "come play in me".
What a treat it was and I felt God was just telling me, "I am here and this is for you." I met with my spiritual mentor and had some deep and healing time in prayer with him and my parents. God came to me there. He came to me, he touched me, healed me, held me, refreshed me, and rescued me. I have never been more in love with Him as I am now. I am so thankful for His faithfulness and the audaciousness he continues to show me by being present in my life.
"My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. (1) For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth. (4, 5) ~Psalm 108

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!