Saturday, August 09, 2008


Drivin Down the Highway...
In Huntsville earlier this week, I had some good time with David and Cynthia. I really enjoying spending time with them. The air conditioner in my CRV conked out Saturday and so I had to take the convertible on our trip to Sharon's funeral. Of course David and Neener thought that was great and we put the top down and had some fun on the way back to the hotel after dinner one night.
I have made several trips to Huntsville lately and have been so struck with how beautiful the drive is... they don't call her "Alabama the Beautiful" for nothing!
The state has held so many bad memories for me, it's been refreshing to see her in a new and grown up light! The cliffs and mountains and lush green trees are just beautiful.
This has been a year for funerals for my family. I am still kinda in a daze at how much has happened so quickly with my mom loosing two sisters and her mother in less than eight months. Abby was more upset about Sharon's funeral than any of the past two. I think it's because we were just there visiting her. She was really upset about the idea of putting her in the ground. I tried to explain the idea of a soul and it's separation from the body but bless her heart, she just couldn't really grasp it. So we skipped the graveside service on this one to give her more time to understand that Sharon wasn't really being put into the ground.
Life is so precious and can be so very short. It strikes you deep inside how final death is. But there is a wonderful peace that overshadows it all when you know the departed are in heaven with their Father. I couldn't stop smiling on the way there. Just thinking about her in the GLORY of heaven, walking with the Holy Spirit and in the glow of the Son of God and in the very presence of God Himself... I could not be happier for her. What amazing things she has beheld already. What beautiful and unthinkable music she is hearing from the angels. It is hard to really grasp the thought of what heaven truly is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!